As former West Point cadets and Army Officers, it's no secret that mental strength was key. Day in and day out we were faced with plenty of trials and tribulations where mental strength was needed. The mental strength we gained as cadets and officers in the Army is something we are extremely thankful to bring into our work at Stella Valle.
We wanted to share 5 things we've learned along the way with all you Women Warriors out there:
1. Dwell on the future, not the past. As an entrepreneur, this is extremely important! We take our goals very seriously here at Stella Valle. So why dwell on the past when the future is so bright! Optimism is key!
2. Good results take time and hard work. Success isn't by accident. Even when success seems to come easy for some, we know that you probably just haven't seen the struggles they've endured to get there. When taking on a new project for Stella Valle we are constantly reminding ourselves that we can't expect immediate results and that even if we run into some obstacles - to remember to be patient. Stella Valle is coming up on its 7th birthday and if it weren't for all the bumps in the road we would not be where we are now. Growth is a journey and the path isn't always smooth but when we reach the end the celebration is always worth the while.
3. Spend your energy on things you control, not on things you don’t control. Sometimes it's hard to step aside from the things you can't control and only focus your energy on the things you do. Time is our most valuable resource, so wasting it on things that we don't have the power to change is futile. We know that if we spend our time and energy working towards our goals and the things we can control, we'll achieve our goals much quicker.
4. Take calculated risks. Life is all about risks! Without taking risks for Stella Valle, we would be in a constant plateau. We've been taking risks personally since applying to West Point. We live to tell the stories from the risks we've taken. However, we only take risks where we've done our research and we are confident that we will succeed. It's so important to research all the possible outcomes to make the best possible decision. If you take calculated risks in life, you'll feel more confident and be much more likely to see your risk turn to reward!
5. You can't please everyone, so don't try it! This one is a hard one for us. We want to constantly please everyone but we've found that this just isn't possible. People are constantly pitching us and telling us how to run our business. While we love the advice, we constantly have to sift through it all and remember that we can't try to please everyone- we just have to figure out what is the best for us and the company. Furthermore in fashion, it 's vital that we remain true to our brand… We've realized that you'll be happier if you are authentic and stay laser focused on your goals every step of the way. We hope these tips help you to be a little bit mentally tougher! Lots of Love, Ashley & Paige.