Happy International Coffee Day! In honor of this VERY important holiday, we wanted to share some tips to start your day off right… in addition to indulging in your favorite steamy hot cup of joe! Although mornings have a reputation for be agonizing, they certainly don't have to be. Remember each morning is a new day that holds new memories and possibilities for learning, growth, and getting closer to achieving your goals. Start your day positively with these 5 tips:
1. Reward yourself with “me time”: Considering the holiday, it’s only fitting to say that a cup of coffee is our first tip to begin each day in a positive way. We tend to sip our coffee and enjoy a little bit of “me time” This will set you up to feel relaxed and ready for anything you are going to face that day. Set your alarm clock a little earlier and take 10-15 minutes to relax. Relaxation can include working out, a sit-down breakfast, or a read of your favorite blog or news feed. We try to get a workout in and then enjoy our coffee and while watching the Today Show.
2. Make someone's day: Have you ever woken up to a sweet message from a friend first thing in the morning and felt complete for the rest of the day? There's no better feeling… so what better way than to give that gift to someone else. From the wise words of Bob Goff “Throw kindness around like confetti”.
3. Take a moment for personal gratitude: Much like spreading happiness first thing in the morning, taking a moment for personal gratitude is just as important. Some days are consumed with unexpected challenges and it’s important to start the day with a strong personal mindset. You are you’re best cheerleader after all, so remind yourself of how beautiful, strong, and capable you are!
4. Plan something fun for the end of the day: We love staying motivated by planning something exciting for the end of the day. It’s like a reward that we look forward to throughout our days. Whether it’s an exciting new recipe for dinner or I trip to the park with our hubs. These little things keep us motivated throughout the day!
5. Get organized: Sometimes days can seem stressful and overwhelming. As entrepreneurs and jewelry designers, each day brings new adventures and demands. Starting the morning off by breaking down our days, makes each day seem much less overwhelming. We love spending a few minutes each morning updating our calendars and relaxing before we are off and running. With a little bit of coffee and these tips you are sure to be perky for those long days ahead!
Lots of Love, Ashley & Paige!